Who Can Diagnose Autism?

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Diagnosing Autism and other Autism topics.

Who Can Diagnose Autism?

The following medical professionals may be qualified to assess a child suspected of having autism:

  • Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrician (typically referred to as a Developmental Pediatrician)

  • Pediatric Neurologist

  • Child Psychiatrist

  • Child Psychologist

Not all medical professionals are alike. Some may be more experienced in assessing and treating autism. Your child's pediatrician may be able to refer you to someone who can help. In addition, some local organizations which are dedicated to helping individuals with disabilities may also be able to point you in the right direction.However, often the most successful way to determine the right person for the job, is to ask other parents who are already raising children with autism.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Autism Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Tammi Reynolds
Buy My Book